To develop an international business and operate in international markets can expose an organization to a myriad of complex rules that govern international trade and foreign investment.
Today, virtually all businesses are in some way affected by global enterprise.
At FASANO’s understand skillful navigation through unfamiliar laws and regulations, treaties, customs and tariffs, bureaucracy, language barriers and unknown business practices is critical to an organization’s success in the global marketplace.
Whether a business crosses one or many borders, we provide strategic legal advice that helps our clients seize and maximize the available opportunities while also managing and minimizing the risks.
The continued expansion of international trade law beyond trade in goods to include services, foreign investment and trade-related intellectual property measures, product certification has meant that advising clients on all of their trade law matters frequently requires access to experts in other legal areas.
As business law firm, FASANO is able to provide specialized advice in the areas of international taxation, transfer pricing, intellectual property, competition, energy and natural resources, administrative litigation, the environment, packaging/ labeling standards, product certification, privacy, temporary entry requirements and immigration.
FASANO undertakes to secure all the permissions required under foreign law for setting up operation. An EU or Italian company can set up its presence abroad through a Liaison or Representative Office, a Branch or a Subsidiary.
FASANO’s Cross-border Investments Practice focuses on:
- Advising for abroad entry strategy.
- Certification of the product that is required to sell the product in target country and worldwide.
- Guiding our clients through the various laws, rules and regulations that will impact on setting up of operations and running of business in target country and worldwide.
- Structuring the investment abroad in the most tax optimal manner.
- Assisting our clients in filing applications with the various regulatory authorities and obtaining a clearance.
- Assisting in incorporation of the company by drafting of and filing the relevant incorporation documents with the competent Authorities.
- Advising on the various compliance procedures under relevant laws, rules and regulations and obtain licences and address regulatory compliance.
- Comprehensive legal audit of the business whether the business complies with the law of land as may be required and further advising on the corrective measures.
For foreign clients FASANO is INVITALIA (Italian Govt. Agency for Inward Investment) Business Network (IBN) Partner. IBN is a Network of more than 60 selected private-sector partners of high standing, belonging to the following categories: banks and merchant banks, law and/or accountancy firms, consulting and real estate firms and communication agencies. The Network’s activities are aimed at:
- guaranteeing assistance both to current and new investors, supporting them with technical services at all stages of the investment process
- updating the Agency on potential foreign investors interested in business opportunities in Italy
- identifying Italian companies matching with the demands of foreign investors for M&A transactions and joint ventures.
Attorney: Pierfrancesco C. Fasano.